According to the needs of sustainable development and the environmental protection, ISO promulgated the ISO 14001 environmental management system standard in 1996 formally, and revised in 2004.The basic objective is to guide the organization to establish an environmental management self-restraint mechanism according to PDCA model. All of the leaders and workers deal with the relationship between personal development and environmental protection initiativly and consciously, improve environmental performance continuously, and prevent pollution effectivly, and ultimately aceive the benign development of the organization. The organization should support environmental protection, pollution prevention and continuous improvement through the establishment of environmental management system, and prove its environmental management system compliance and environmental management level to the outside world by obtaining a third party certification.
- Intend to incorporat into any organization
- Organization has to manage the environmental aspects which it can control and those which it can influence
- Focus on legal complaince
- Focus on pollution prevention
- Focus on continual improvement
- Focus on interested parties
- No specific environmental performance indicator be defined, but the legal complaints, pollution prevention and continual improvement are fundamental elements in EMS.
- To improve the environmental behavior, and to avoid legal and environmental risks
- To improve the management level of the organization,and to provide the scientific management mechanism for pollution prevention and sustainable development
- To promote energy conservation and costs reduction
- To enhance the market competitiveness and social reputation