ISO 9001 , one of the series of quality management system standards, is by far the world's most established quality framework being used by more than 750,000 organizations in 161 countries / regions around the world. Not only for the quality management system, had ISO 9001 also set up standard for the total management system.
The ISO 9000 family of standards listed below has been developed to assist organizations, of all types and sizes, to implement and operate effective quality management systems.
1. ISO 9000 describes fundamentals of quality management systems and specifies the terminology for quality management systems.
2. ISO 9001 specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization needs to demonstrate its ability to provide products that fulfill customer and applicable regulatory requirements and aims to enhance customer satisfaction.
3. ISO 9004 provides guidelines that consider both the effectiveness and efficiency of the quality management system. The aim of this standard is improvement of the performance of the organization and satisfaction of customers and other interested parties.
4. ISO 19011 provides guidance on auditing quality and environmental management systems.
1. On eight quality management principles as the standard theory, reflects the most common application of quality management, the general rule is widely used in quality management fields.
2. All requirements of this standard are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations, regardless of type, size and product provided.
3. In accordance with process approach and PDCA cycle modeling, the quality management system shall be established, implemented and maintained and continually improved its effectiveness.
4. The compatibility with EMS and OHSMS is enhanced.
5. Using ISO9001 and ISO9004 as a couple of coordinated standards, it can bring greater benefits for the organization,
1. Quality management systems can assist organizations in enhancing customer satisfaction and help organizations demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
2. It will break through the prevention of non tariff trade technology barrier, in terms of quality and international standards, become the "pass" for international market.
3. The establishment of quality management system, can effectively improve the management level and the overall performance of the organization.
4. Help to mobilize the enthusiasm of all staff, improve the quality of full consciousness, law consciousness.